Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stranger Alert...again!

Ok so it's not again...well for me it is but not really.

This time it was going to take place at my elementary school. So my class schedule was moved around a bit so i wouldn't be in the class when it happened.

I was ok with this since i've already experienced what it was like during the drill at the junior high. This time around I got to see how they prepared for it in the office, the police in charge coming, going, giving advice and directions. I saw some of the kids run from the school building into their little gym and the teacher give the clear signal when all the kids where in.

It wasn't as fun as last time (see STRANGER ALERT! entry) but this time i was well informed. Last time all i was told was that we're having a Stranger drill and it'll happen at this time.

The next prevention type lesson is, Crossing the Street. They even have a little course with lights and everything. And for those of you who don't know this, we have in total 1 traffic light at my town. Yes that's right ONE. And i've only seen the light red, once. When the special ed teacher was taking the kids to the river and showing them the proper use of a cross walk.

Side note:
This morning the kids where practicing for Sports day. But my kids like to make it a bit more fun than just practice. They had a obstacle relay race ^_^

Oh and my total student count is down. Junior high= 38, Elementary= 48, and about 10-14 at the Day Care/Preschool/Kindergarten (ages 3-5). I now have about 100 students ^_^

No comments: